Sunday 24 April 2011

BORN ON EASTER SUNDAY

 Today is Easter which marks the resurrection of Jesus Christ.  The Son of God rose on the third day after his crucification on Good Friday. For me, Easter Sunday has always been a special day.  Why so?  It is because my parents told me that I was born on such a day.   Besides, according to the calculations and research of a famous scientist, Jesus Christ was born on April 17 which happens to be the day I was born as well.  Yeh!  The idea of sharing the same birthdate as Him makes me really proud and happy.  Link.

Easter this year is extra special for me as it coincides with my Chinese Lunar birthday.

What did I do on Easter?  Well, early in the morning I sent my Aunt Linda to church and then went to the market to buy lotus shaped candles.  After that my mum and I waited for Aunt Linda to finish attending Sunday service before picking her up at 11.50 a.m.  Then she went with us to the Jade Emperor Temple in Tambun.  Both of them waited for me at the temple while I climbed up the Tung Wah Cave Temple situated in the hilltop to offer prayers to the Jade Emperor and other Taoist Deities.  I wanted to thank them for blessing me thus far and prayed that They would continue showering blessings for me for a long time to come.

In the picture above, I am at the first stop of the temple.  I entered into the shrine to offer prayers before continuing my journey up the hill.

 Here is how the view looked like to me from the first stop.
 Praying to Buddha at the second shrine.
 The two lotus candles on the left and right were lit by me in the hope that my luck will shine bright for the year ahead.
 Here I am after I have finished my prayers.  I also spent some time meditating and absorbing the good Qi.  The lady who works as a volunteer at the temple treated me to vegetarian noodles and also barley with fucuk drink.  The food and drink tasted great.

This year Easter Sunday falls on my Chinese birthday but it seems that Easter will again fall on April 17 in the year 2022.

No comments: