Tuesday 20 April 2010

AH PEK LEE KOU FOOK SEAFOOD RESTAURANT

I have known Mr Lee, the proprietor of the Ah Pek Lee Kou Fook Restaurant since I came to teach in Sitiawan in 1995.  His restaurant serves some of the most delicious Chinese food that I have ever tasted.
Recently The Ah Pek's Restaurant was featured on the Astro Programme, "Taste with Jason" and when I went with my family for lunch there, we got to watch the recorded programme.
This is the Sar Choi fish which was featured in the programme.  I don't know the English or Malay name for it but it really taste good.  It is so crunchy that one can even eat the head of the fish.  The plate of fish above costs RM12.00.
My mum getting ready to take a bite of the fish.
This plate of fried noodles look very ordinary enough but it is one of a kind.  You need to try it to understand what I mean.  This is what good chefs do, make something so ordinary taste extraordinary.
The proprietor goes out to sea to catch the crabs and other seafood that are served in the restaurant.  If you watch the programme, you'd be able to see Jason and Mr Lee going out to sea for the daily catch.
Super fresh clams that customers can select for their meals at the restaurant.

No comments: