Tuesday 20 October 2009

LUCK OR TALENT?

Vic Chou
Mark Zhao

In the recently concluded Golden Bell Awards presentation for the Taiwanese Entertainment Industry, the best actor award for a drama went to newcomer Mark Zhao for the police drama 'Black and White'. He beat other more established actors in his category. Nominated along with him is Vic Chou who starred alongside him in the same drama. For your information, Vic has about 10 years of acting experience and is considered as a good actor. How can a first time actor strike gold when others in the same category who have striven for years failed to do so? I cannot comment on the other 3 nominees but I can give my opinion about Vic's performance as I watched Black and White. I think he did a great job and though Mark's performance was good, I don't think he should have won. Personally his performance was not soooo outstanding that he outshone Vic. At present he is acting alongside Ethan Ruan in the Mangar movie and I am waiting to see what type of performance Mark turns in this time.
My only explanation is that Mark Zhao is in a very lucky period of his life. I am sure that if we know his exact BaZi, what I have said would be proven. Just by looking at his astrological sign of the Rat, this 24 year old would have some sort of promotion or career enhancement. On the other hand, 28 year old Vic whose sign is the Rooster does not seem to have much career enhancement luck. So it could be a case of the luckier guy won this time around.

No comments: