Monday 7 September 2009

MRS JULIE CHEAH'S BIRTHDAY


Today is my mum's Chinese birthday. For your information, I usually celebrate with her on this day while my two other sisters prefer the Western birthdate, which is 8th September.
She woke up early this morning and prayed to all the household deities to thank them for their blessings. She would also ask the Goddess Kuan Yin and Fu Tien Shang Ti to bless her with good health and longevity. My Aunt Linda gave her a red packet to wish her good luck and good health. When I woke up, I too gave my mum a red packet and wished her good luck, good health and happiness always.
Then I drove the two of them to the Buddhist temple in Tambun Road. There she prayed to Buddha. I prayed to Buddha and Kuan Yin to bless me with good health, presence of mind and the ability to take care of my mum so that she could live to a ripe old age. I want to have her with me for at least another dozen years. Buddha and Kuan Yin, the hearer of all cries, are very merciful and would grant my wishes.

No comments: