Monday 29 June 2009

SELLING LIKE HOT CAKES






I sometimes drop by at Eric's shop to chat with him after I leave school in the evening. I hadn't gone to see him for some time as I have been working non-stop to do as much work as possible in time for the judging of the resource centre competition. However, I just decided to take a rest today as I had been feeling sick and tired. It is not worth it for me to overwork myself and end up getting a stroke or heart attack. I do not want to end up like Michael Jackson who died from cardiac arrest.
I like to chat with Eric as he will talk to me about other topics other than school since he is not a teacher. He usually talks about songs, movies and drama series which are all relaxing stuff to me. Even if he is not around his assistant, Liyana, is there and she too would chat with me. However, the girl has gone to further her studies and he is left to man the shop himself.
He told me that there were only two copies of Michael Jackson's CDs left in his shop. It seemed that people had been going into his shop to request for any CDs of Michael's. Just yesterday, a lady came in and picked up a few different CDs of MJ which cost her around RM180. When I was at his shop, another customer came in and bought the second last copy of his CD. Now there is only one left. I am sure it would have been sold by now.
So you see in death, Michael has become a legend. His music will forever live on in people's hearts. He has left a rich musical legacy to the world.

No comments: