Tuesday 2 December 2008

AUSPICIOUS PLANT?



I do not know the name of the plant shown above but it grows in my garden. My neighbour gave it to me a couple of years ago. She told me that it was an auspicious plant and if it starts to bear flowers then I will have wealth luck. Well, it has borne flowers for many times over the years but I am still an average salaried person and my name has not appeared in the Malaysian rich list yet nor do I think I am likely to come into wealth in the near future since the plant is again flowering.
Recently, the same neighbour told me to get rid of the plant as she said that instead of inviting luck, it invites unwanted spiritual beings. Methinks that the lady is being too superstitious. She was the one who asked me to plant it for good luck and now she tells me that with the presence of the spirits, it will bring bad luck.
What did I do? I refused to cut down a perfectly healthy plant and see no truth in what she said. I am pretty sure that she is being overly superstitious. Believe me when I tell you that spirits are not too picky when it comes to plants that they want to shelter at, with the exception of a few that are harmful to them. My neighbour once told me to get rid of the sunflower plant that was flowering in my garden as she said that it attracted ghosts. Of course, I refused to do so as I enjoyed looking at the cheerful sunflowers.
Anyway, if I were to suddenly become rich or strike the lottery, I am sure my neighbour would start replanting it again. Tsk! Tsk! Hmm, my misguided neighbour .... she keeps telling me that she invites this and that feng shui master to her house to audit it and also proudly tries to teach me what to do and what not to do for good feng shui. She pooh poohs my attempts at telling her that I live and breathe feng shui and know a thing or two about the subject but in her schema, a feng shui master is an older man or woman with a luo pan advising her to place this feng shui object and that feng shui object to attract wealth luck. Aiyah! What am I to do with her? Hmmm ... Any suggestions?

No comments: