Monday 1 December 2008

BEFORE AND AFTER

Before: The mess in the room

After: Tada so neat and clean

I spent a good part of yesterday clearing up the clutter in my study which is located in the South sector of the house. At the beginning of the year, I had moved my computer and other things in this room to the room at the back which is located in the East sector. Similarly all the things in the East which was used as a store room was moved to the study. I had to do so as the South was afflicted with the 5 yellow and a few other inauspicious stars whereas the East was auspicious. Beginning, February 4th next year, it will be the other way around - South will be auspicious and East will not. You might say that now is only the beginning of December and there is still 2 more months to go but I thought that since this was the holidays and I had more time to myself, I better do the moving now. Last week two of my boys helped me move some things but since they had to sit for their last examination paper today, I did not want to disturb them and so did everything on my own.
Another reason for my wanting to declutter my living space and rearrange the room was because of a book I read recently titled, "How to simplify your life: Seven Practical Steps To Letting Go of Your Burdens and Living a Happier Life" by Tiki Kustenmacher. This is an international bestseller and a very good read. The first step to simplifying ones life was to simplify ones things. The author says that "if you tidy up your workplace, in accordance with a few simple rules, you will feel much better. If you clear unnecessary stuff out of your wardrobe, your life takes on a new vitality". You will find that if your living or working space is free of clutter, you will be able to feel less stressed and be able to feel happier and calmer. And that was why I went into this cleaning and clearing frenzy.
As can be seen in the before and after photos above, the South section is now back to its former place as the study. I threw away quite a number of things that I did not want. I also gave away some things that I bought or were given to me but did not use. The good thing is my study is clean, neat and tidy but unfortunately I sprained my back moving the furniture around. Now, I am walking around with a sore back. I think the reason why I hurt my back is because I was shifting and moving things about in the South which has the 5 yellows. I think I had activated the star and got zapped with this affliction. Hopefully, I'll recover fast.

No comments: