Friday 12 September 2008

FROM ACQUAINTANCE TO GENUINE FRIEND


Today, my friend Tuan Haji Ahmad Hasnin bin Hj Abdul Samad turns 52. Here is a person that I am confident to say is my friend, in the true sense. Like most people, I have many acquaintances, that is, people who I know; then there are friends who are people I know and am familiar with and finally there are FRIENDS who sincerely are genuine and true to me. I am happy to say that this man falls into the last category.
I first got acquainted with him in 1993 when we were attending a course at Maktab Perguruan Ilmu Khas in Cheras which means I have known him for a grand total of 15 years. As usual we started off as acquaintances and over the course of time became very good friends. Here is someone that I can safely count on in times of trouble and sadness to be there for me. Whether in happiness or sorrow, Haji Hasnin was there to do his bit as a friend. He would listen and dish out advice he saw fit to give. Mind you, he is not one to pander to my whims and fancy - if I am wrong, he is the first to criticise me and if I am right, he too will be the first to defend me. He rarely praises me directly but I know he does so behind my back. What I will get is all sorts of teasing from him like I am one Chinese he knows who is bad in Maths or that I am getting very forgetful with age. Over the years he has seen me through sad times and also happy times. There are people who think that acquiring wealth would make them secure and happy but to me I feel blessed and truly enriched to have a friend like him.

"HAPPY 52ND BIRTHDAY HASNIN, AND MAY YOU
HAVE MANY MORE HAPPY BIRTHDAYS TO COME"

2 comments:

dct said...

A friend in NEED is a friend INDEED.

Miss Cheah said...

Yes, you are right.
Thanks for leaving a comment.

Li Na