Sunday 20 July 2008

NATURAL CLEANSER


Want to have good blemish free skin but not use a lot of money? Easy. The answer is watermelon. Each time I eat water melon at home, I make sure I keep the rinds to cleanse my face. Look at the above picture, you will notice the way I cut the water melon to make it easy for me to use to scrub my face. Maybe some of you already know of the use of the watermelon as a natural cleanser. You don't even need the flesh, just the rind is enough. So after I finish this post, I will cleanse my face using the rinds of the watermelon that I've eaten.

Here are some tips that I got from the Internet to share with everyone about using this wonderful fruit as skincare.

  • One easy way to clear acne is to wash your face with watermelon rind and orange peel. This is not a once off, you should try for at least a week to see the results. Eating watermelons help, too.
  • Rub watermelon rind on the acne.
  • Watermelon juice protects the skin from the sun. It alsos clears the skin leaving it free from blemishes.
  • Grate a watermelon, squeeze out the juice and apply to the face for 15 - 20 minutes. Wash with warm water and then splash on cold water. It will leave your face fresh and clean.
  • Watermelon pulp makes an excellent 10-minute facial pack. It rehydrats and exfoliates the skin, leaving it toned and glowing.
  • Tp close enlarged pores, try rubbing watermelon juice frozen into ice cubes with crushed mint leaves (daun pudina) over the face.
WHY USE WATERMELON?

It proves to be a good for skin care, due to its moisturizing properties. The non-greasy oil helps to smooth your skin by refurbishing the elasticity of the skin. It is widely used as massage oil, baby oil, facials, face creams, salt scrubs, shower bath as well as hair oil.

Now if you excuse me, I think I'll go and have my free beauty treatment now.

REFERENCES:
http://www.bolokids.com/2007/0376.htm
http://wwwnaturalskincarecom.blogspot.com/
http://www.innerself.com/Herbs/Herbal_Remedies_for_Acne.htm
http://www.compleatmother.com/womens-health/acne/alternative.shtml

No comments: