Monday 21 July 2008

KUAN YIN TEMPLE IN LUMUT

The statues of the Goddess of Mercy on the main altar of the temple

Mrs Ooi and I

My neighbour, Mrs Ooi, who was one of the volunteers there.

A very tired looking me posing in front of the temple.

The vegetarian food served there.
Lotus candles offered to Kuan Yin

I went to offer prayers to the Goddess of Mercy at the Kuan Yin Temple in Lumut this evening. When I reached the place it was already 5.30 p.m. There were lots of people there. All wanted to pray to Kuan Yin and ask for blessings from this deity who is known for Her immense compassion to mankind. After prayers, all were invited to feast on the vegetarian food prepared by the temple with the help of volunteers. My friends, Mrs Ooi and Lai Yoong, were two such volunteers. The vegetables and other ingredients for the meals which were offered free to devotees and other visitors were donated by fellow Taoists or Buddhists.

No comments: