Saturday 8 March 2008

BLESSING CEREMONY FOR CAR








After having gone and voted for the candidates of our choice at the polling centre, my family and I went to the Buddhist temple. They went there with me as I wanted to request one of the monks to carry out a blessing ceremony for my new car. The Indians also carry out a similar ceremony in which they call "pooja".

Before the ceremony was carried out, I was told by the Siamese monk, Priak Liang (I hope I got the spelling correct) to offer prayers to Lord Buddha and ask personally ask for his blessing first. After that, my mum, sis and I knelt before him and he chanted mantras and sprinkled water to bless us.

Then only Priak Liang asked me to open all the car doors and he then came out to chant prayers and sprinkled water onto my car. He kept chanting and walked around the car in a clockwise direction as he did so.

He did not accept payment for doing the blessing ceremony. Instead I put some money into the donation box for the temple funds.

No comments: