Monday 15 July 2013

DETERMINED NOT TO LET MY MUM'S GARDEN GO TO WASTE

Last weekend was spent tidying my late mother's garden in Ipoh.  Since her death in June last year, the pots of plants had been neglected. The only thing I did was to get the gardener to come and cut the grass.  The first picture below was after I had cleared some of the weeds and pruned some of the plants.  If not it would look even messier. There are broken flower pots, unused pots, some aging plants and some on the verge of dying.  There are also weeds in the pots that I did not have time to get rid of.  

 I too had cleared some of the weeds and dead plants here but again the potted plants need to be rearranged.  Some of the plants need to be replanted as well.
 The plant here needs to be changed and look at the pots along the wall. I need a way to arrange them neatly or to use them as decoration.
 My aunt says that the pile of rocks serves no decorative purpose and the dead tree on the left is an eyesore.  The plants in the pots are unhealthy looking and the climbers on the fence look messy.  Even the bricks surrounding the palm are not arranged neatly.
 Here is how messy the place looks like up close.
In a couple of weeks time, I will be having a semester break and my aunt and I are planning to work on the garden.  We want to maintain the garden as a legacy of my late mother.  When she was alive, her garden was her pride.

No comments: