Wednesday 20 June 2012

GREATLY AFFECTED BY THE LOSS


My mum's death has greatly affected her two siblings, my Aunt Linda and Uncle Jimmy.  In my last post, you'd found out that my uncle suffered from a heart attack a day after my mum's funeral.  
From what I see and feel, my aunt is also very shaky.  She has become ultra sensitive, grumpy, very edgy, frightened and very demanding.  When the workmen were building the tents for the wake, I was taking a quick shower.  They asked my aunt where I was and she impatiently called out for me.  When I said I was taking a shower, she scolded me and asked why I had to do so.  She demanded I come out immediately from the bathroom to attend to the person. She'd get angry very fast if I did not do as she had asked.  It got to a point that I had to retaliate.  Then she said I bullied her.    
Thank goodness my sister and cousin sister came back in the afternoon and helped take the pressure off me. It was not easy running a one woman show.  
I had to take emergency leave on Tuesday to go back to Ipoh to visit my Uncle Jimmy in the hospital and at the same time check on my aunt.  As I had guessed, she was ill and looked very worn.  I took her out for lunch first and made sure that she was okay before I went to the hospital.  Of course, I told her that Uncle Jimmy was hospitalised as he had high blood pressure and the doctors were keeping him in the hospital so that he could rest.  What to do?  Sometimes, one has to tell a white lie.

No comments: