Wednesday 20 June 2012

MY UNCLE HAD A HEART ATTACK



My Uncle Jimmy, who is my late mother's youngest brother, suffered a heart attack on Monday night.  His friends said that he was feeling very sad and depressed after my mum's funeral on Sunday.  As Uncle Jimmy is a bachelor, he lives with his widowed sister, my Aunt Linda.  
My aunt who was with me the whole time at my house in Ipoh only went home on Monday night.  I had dropped her off at her home at around 6.30 p.m. on my way back to Sitiawan.  She told me that she noticed that something was amiss with my uncle as he did not touch his dinner and started complaining of dizziness and chest discomfort. Luckily for Uncle Jimmy, Auntie Linda insisted that he go and consult a doctor.  She got the help of her next door neighbours to send him to the hospital.  According to the neighbour, my uncle collapsed after getting out from the car and walking a few steps towards the emergency area.  
Imagine what would have happened if my aunt was not so doggedly determined in insisting that he go to the hospital but instead asked him to go to bed early.  Scary, isn't it?
By the way, my Aunt Linda doesn't know that Uncle Jimmy suffered a heart attack.  She has been very sensitive and very depressed lately.  My family and I felt that she'd freaked out and might become more depressed if she knew how sick her brother was.  Anyway, my uncle's condition is stable and he was in a cheerful mood when I visited him at the hospital yesterday afternoon.  My brother-in-law and sister told me that Uncle Jimmy still did not know that he suffered from a heart attack.  The doctor would slowly break the news to him when he is less depressed.

No comments: