Tuesday 3 January 2012

FIRST DAY AT WORK FOR 2012


Today is the 3rd day of the new year and it also happened to be my first day at work for 2012.  Not all the teachers went as today is registration day for the Form 5 students.  Only the class teachers and those on duty  were present.  You can see me getting ready to clock in for duty.  Unfortunately, I couldn't punch in as there was something wrong with the width of my card.  The peon on duty was informed and he said he'd look into the matter.
When I was on the phone with Lai Yoong last night, I could hear her daughter Sue Lyn saying that Auntie Li Na will "Hoi Koong" or start work for the new year.  Luckily for me, this only applies to the Chinese New Year as the date today is not auspicious.  For the Chinese New Year, I start work on the 8th day of the first month which is on the 30th of January 2012.  Now this is a mighty auspicious day.

No comments: