Tuesday 3 January 2012

BUYING NEW SHOE CABINET FOR THE CHINESE NEW YEAR



Before Chinese New Year comes, the Chinese would give their house a thorough cleaning.  Besides cleaing every nook and cranny, some families would also throw out old and broken furniture.  I have a shoe rack and one shoe cabinet which I keep at the porch  The shoes in the cabinet remain in good condition.  However, the same can't be said for the ones on the rack.  They are dusty and a few pairs were in bad shape.  One of my shoes was also hosting an ant hill.

 You can see what the ants did to my shoe above.

So I went and bought another shoe cabinet.  Now I have two cabinets. In one of the Annual Feng Shui Update talks I attended which was given by Feng Shui Master, Jason Eng, he advised the members of the audience to throw away broken furniture before the Chinese New Year.  Jason said that it would be good to replace it with a new one as anything old and broken would not be auspicious. He said that adding a new piece of furniture to the home before the new year is particularly lucky.

No comments: