Monday 2 January 2012

CAN FULL HOUSE 2 MATCH ITS PREDECESSOR?

No Min Woo, Hwang Jung Eum, and Park Ki Woong.
 I watched "Full House" because of my late Aunt May.  She was raving about how 'shuai' (telegenic) the main actor in the drama was.  Initially I was not too impressed when she showed me the picture of the lead actor whose stage name was called Rain.  I thought my Aunt May needed to have her eyes checked for this guy called Rain looked rather plain to me. BUT, after I watched the drama, I became an even bigger fan of Rain than her. Yeah! His killer smiled melted my heart and that of millions of other females around the world. "Full House' starring Rain and Song Hye Kyo was a big hit and made superstars of the two leads.
Now, many years after the first Full House was made, another is in the works. It is tentatively titled, "Full House 2" and stars No Min Woo, Hwang Jung Eum and Park Ki Woong.  When I first heard of the remake, I was rather excited as I had watched drop dead gorgeous No Min Woo in "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho" and he looked like a Japanese celebrity in it.  BUT, after I saw the promo photo above, I began to have my doubts. Alamak, he looks gay.  It was mentioned somewhere the girl looked like the character Chucky in the movie of the same name.  The other male lead looks too young to play the part of the more matured producer.  By the way, this is not a prequel or a sequel but a remake.  The storyline is the same.  Handsome though No Min Woo maybe, he does not possess the charisma and charm of Rain.
The question is whether Full House 2 will catapult its leading man and lady into worldwide fame?  And will history repeat itself for me?
         No Min Woo's character in "Full House 2"            No Min Woo in "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho"

No comments: