Wednesday 2 February 2011

TAOIST PRIEST













The archway for Long Tao Ngam (Dragon Head Cave)
My mum and I are pictured with a Taoist priest, Sifu Lee in the above pictures.  Sifu Lee is the resident priest at the Kuan Ti Temple at Loong Tao Ngam or Dragon Head Cave.
The Sifu is very friendly and makes one feel very much at home when one visits the temple.  He also showed my mum and I how to make the Dragon Bowl sing and also to make the water vibrate.  According to him, the vibrations would make the water ripple and the larger the ripple the better it is.  It is akin to a Chinese saying, "Loe Toe Foong San Sui Hei" (literally translated, able to succeed like the winds blowing on the mountain and the waters rise.
I later showed the little children what the Sifu taught me and they had a gala time making the bowl sing with their family members.

No comments: