Sunday 17 October 2010

MY REGULAR FOOD HAUNT

 Every weekend when I go back to my hometown, Ipoh, I would go and eat my favourite Pie Tee at Yew Kee's Food Stall which is situated at a food centre adjoining the Gourmet Square of Ipoh Garden. 
 I have tried Pie Tee at different places but find that I like the one made by Mrs Michelle Tai, the proprietress of the food stall.
 Another favourite of mine and my mum is the Kuih Lobak or Lor Pak Koe (Radish Cake).  The ones sold here have a lot of radish and tastes yummy.
 Mr Tai Yew Kee posing in front of his stall.
 The stall also sells porridge, chee cheong fun, pork noodles and other types of desserts.
 Michelle at her stall.
 Me getting ready to eat the Pie Tee.  I couldn't eat it last week as I was on a vegetarian fast.  Besides vegetables, the pie tee also had dried shrimps and so it was not vegetarian.  However, Michelle said that had I informed her, she would have made vegetarian ones for me without the dried shrimps.
 Li Na and Michelle

Here is the curry chee cheong fun that the stall is also famous for.  My Aunt Linda orders the chee cheong fun whenever she frequents the place.  However, she orders the one with mushroom sauce.  According to my mum and aunt, the noodles are extra smooth and the sauce is delicious, not too sweet and not too salty.

No comments: