Wednesday 6 October 2010

BYE BYE OLD HOUSE






I lived in the above house for more than ten years, that is, from January 1998 to September 2010. The new owner is a divorcee who will be living there with her young child. My former neighbour told me that besides some repairs the new owner is having the house repainted and also installing awning for the porch.
When I went to the law firm and returned the keys to the lawyer, Mr Wu, to hand over to the new owner, he asked me why I did not buy the house since it was going for RM110,000. I would have paid RM60,000 less.
I answered by telling him that the house was infested with termites and I suspect that the roof might also be affected. Then, it was burgled last year and I lost my computer, hifi set, television, DVD, VCD, jewellery and money. I also told him that during the last holidays, my neighbours saw a man hanging around the house at around 3.00 a.m. Furthermore, there were a lot of seedy looking people living around the area.
I also told him that a lot of my new neighbours were working in the navy and whose wives were nurses. A few of my colleagues live very nearby.
After he heard my reply, Mr Wu realised why I was willing to bid goodbye to the old house.

No comments: