Wednesday 6 October 2010

PAPA ROCK





The closing act for the National Level National Language Month at the Indera Mulia Stadium was Mr Ramli Sarip who is also popularly known as Papa Rock. The organisers of the event saved the very best for the last as Abang Ramli's vocals were simply enchanting.
I actually caught sight of him sitting outside the corridor while waiting for his turn to perform. He was about 50 metres away and the moment I saw him, I knew I have seen him somewhere. He knew I was staring at him and gave me a smile. However, his name eluded me. When he came on stage, then it struck me that it was none other than Ramli Sarip. I told Kamariah about this and after his performance, I made a dash for the corridor where I first saw him. Luckily he was there with one of the organising committee members. He graciously posed for photos with me.
I was gloating when I went back to look for Kamariah in the hall and showed her my photos. She too was excited and we decided to go look for Abang Ramli again. Thank goodness he was still there. A few more of his fans were having their photographs taken with him. So both Kamariah and I got to meet Papa Rock and take photos with him as momentoes.

No comments: