Saturday 2 October 2010

A VERY WARM HOUSE

My brother-in law, Michael, sister Li Mei, Aunt Linda, my mum, Khairah, Razin and Sharveen
Me and my friend Fatihah's baby son
Mariam, my mum, Aunt Linda
Kamariah, Fatihah and her baby son
Faris and me
Amir and me
Me, Pooh and Jasmine
Amir and his dad, Ishak
Family photo
Khairah, Puan Siti and me
Haji Hasnin and me
Me with Rosnani and her daughter
My housewarming was picnic style. My guests sat on mats
Me with Jalal and his family
Some of my guests enjoying the food
Aunty Linda and me
Ah Ee, Mrs Ooi and me

Me with Pek Soong
With Eric
About 70 guests came for my housewarming last Tuesday. I did not invite everyone from my school cos if I did then I would have more than 100 guests. Quite a number of those whom I invited had been very helpful from the time I was frantically looking for a house to buy after the landlord informed me that he was going to sell the house I was renting. Then there were those who offered me a place to stay should I not get the keys to my new house on time and those who helped in helping me to get my house stayable in such a short period.
To the Chinese, holding a housewarming would mean that the Qi or energy of those present would give a breath of life to the place. Well! My house is indeed warm from the presence of my friends and relatives.

2 comments:

Danial Jaafar 🇲🇾 said...

wow! really 1Malaysia!! and it's a great thing ur house is all good now! i wish u a pleasant stay there =D

Miss Cheah said...

Thanks Danial. You are right about the 1Malaysia feel. By the way, my friend Fatihah is a Bidayuh and her hubby has Siamese blood. My friend, Mr Wong is also half Siamese.