Monday 13 September 2010

AHHH! THINGS ARE BRIGHTENING UP ALREADY

I took the pictures above with my DSLR camera to take to the Maintenance Department of the Housing Developer's Office this afternoon.  Lai Yoong and Mr Ong helped me to look for more defects on the building before I went to the office.
Actually I had been worried for the past few days about whether I could move into a house that is stayable by the 28th of September as there was so much delays. Furthermore, the clerk at the Maintenance Department told me that they might be taking a weeklong break because of the Hari Raya Holidays and so the workers would only start working on the repairs next week.  Because of all the worry and sleepless nights I had, my blood pressure shot up to 150 and I was walking around in a dizzy state the whole weekend.  Of course, I did not tell my mum as I did not wish to worry her.
I think Lord Buddha and Kuan Yin must have heard my prayers when I went to the temple to pray last Saturday.  Why? It is because I met Mr Chong, the head of the maintenance department himself who was manning the place in the absence of the other staff.  He listened to my plight about having to move out of my rented house by the end of the month and told me not to worry.  He would be sending a worker over to the house at 8.00 a.m. tomorrow and I would then tell him what repairs need to be done.  He told me that he too would come around tomorrow to help look at the building and to see what else needs to be done.  He further reassured me by calling their electrician, Ah Foo, who assured me that once the grills were up he would start installing everything. He would even be working during the public holiday and the weekend so that everything would be done.   Mr Chong would also get someone to clear the little jungle in the opposite house as Daniel saw a snake in the area. 
See! I told you that prayers and divine blessings are even more potent than all the Feng Shui cures in the world.

No comments: