Friday 6 June 2008

PROTECTION FOR DOUBLE FIFTH





I have already prepared the things for protection for the Double Fifth Festival which falls on Sunday. The ancient Chinese believe that this day of struggle between Yin and Yang might effect the wellbeing of us mortals. One of the amulets suggested is the Five Colour protection. I chose satin ribbons cut into lengths of 18 inches and tied together to place around my home and also to give to my friends and relatives. So far I've already made 20. Some of the ribbons, I have tied them into 5 knots. I also made Medicinal sachets containing two herbs, artisemia and neem as they are known for their antiseptic and medicinal properties. I've also hung it up in the living room. To keep pestilence and bad luck at bay, I tied lallang, pomelo leaves, pomegranate leaves, artisemia and neem with the five colour strings (brown, red, yellow, white and black) and hung it at the entrance to my house.
I am in Ipoh now and if you happen to see me on Sunday, come say Hi and I'll give you one of the five colour ribbons. I will be keeping them in my bag to give to people I know. For your information, I noticed that there were a few people who have visited my blog and recognised me but they were too shy to approach me to chat. Don't worry! I'm very nice and I won't bite.

No comments: