Friday 6 June 2008

PRAYER PARAPHERNALIA




I was at the Joss Shop this morning to look for a Kuan Yin statuette to place in my car. The astrologer whom I visited a couple of weeks ago warned me to be extra careful while driving on the road. She said that even if I were following rules and driving carefully, there might be others who are careless. The sifu suggested I invite the Buddha or Kuan Yin into the car as a measure to prevent any untoward incident. I managed to buy a beautiful Kuan Yin statuette and will get it blessed on an auspicious day before inviting Her into my car.
When I was at the Joss Shop, there was one prayer item that caught my attention. It was a big piece of red paper offering with very auspicious words written on it. The heading was "Wan Tai Cheen" which means "Ability to earn a lot of money". The words by the side and the bottom were equally auspicious, "May your business prosper", "May your ventures be smooth sailing". "May your be safe and sound" and "Money will come your way". Even the wordings in the middle are all super lucky. I asked the proprieter and she told me that I could burn the paper as an offering together with the Nobleman charm and Kuan Yin Sutra (see second and third pictures) when I am offering prayers to the Deities. For all you know, the wishes printed on the paper will be realised. I bought 20 pieces which cost me RM 2.00. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: