Monday 30 June 2008

ACCOUNTED FOR ...




I gave my friends in school a scare when I did not turn up for assembly on Friday morning. If you have been following my posts, you'd know that I was busy organising the activities for the English Language Week and the Resource Centre Week. For the past two weeks I only managed to sleep for three hours or less and I was so stressed and tired out that I did not hear the alarm clock ring. In actuality, the opening ceremony for the English Week was during Friday assembly and the event with Toyota would follow after that. When I did not turn up, everyone panicked. They knew that something was amiss as I have never done such a thing before. They had thought the worst and some feared that I might have died from a heart attack from overwork or would have gotten too ill to get up. Besides all the stuff for the opening ceremony were in the library and I had the key. So, when I did not answer the phone, they all sprang into action. That morning they kept calling my cellular phone but got no answer. My colleagues then sprang into action to get things done. They managed to get the other set of keys to open the library and sorted things out. Then my friend, Puan Kamariah, drove to my house and knocked on my door. She knocked for quite some time before I got up. I had taken painkillers for a headache and was still under its effects. Boy! The moment she saw me, she said thank God I was okay. She had gone to the wrong house and saw that the door was ajar and a motorbike was lying on the ground. She had thought that I was a victim of a burglary and was worried something bad had happened to me. Well, I am still here folks and hope to be here for quite some time. There's so much more things that I have not done.
Anyway, I am happy that I am accounted for and that my friends and students care so much for me. The feeling that there are others out there who'd worry about me and that they would look out for me is really gratifying. To that I thank God for blessing me with such wonderful friends and students.

No comments: