Monday 30 June 2008

OUR TOYOTAS & US




Last Friday was the closing ceremony for the Resource Centre Week in my school. I managed to persuade the manager, Mr Richard Tan, and the public relations executive, Encik Azran bin Ramli to get Toyota to sponsor the food and souvenirs for the event. I also asked if they could come and photograph the event that I had in mind for some time - the phototaking ceremony for owners of Toyotas in my school. This year alone no less than 6 teachers bought Toyotas. Another is waiting for her VIOS and another is contemplating on signing on the dotted lines of the order form. That would mean 8 Toyotas within a space of 6 months. Also I found that collectively the teachers and staff of my school own 33 Toyotas of different makes.

It was a very happy and memorable event. Last year the opening ceremony of the Resource Centre was very memorable and this year the closing was equally memorable with 26 Toyotas being arranged in the school field. Not all the Toyotas were available as some of the family members of the teachers or staff were using the cars. Well, all in all things went smoothly and everyone had a good time. Now, my challenge is to come up with an event more spectacular than this.

No comments: