Saturday 22 September 2007

RED OCCASION








It's been a while since I posted anything new in this blog as I was busy with work. Today I would like to blog about weddings.
To the Chinese, weddings are red occasions meaning that they are auspicious and much welcomed. This weekend I was invited to a wedding in Sitiawan. The groom is a son of my friend, Sharon. If you refer to one of my previous posts, you would see me doing a feng shui audit for her house. If you look at the pictures above taken during the eve of the wedding, you'd notice that most of the things are reddish in colour from the table cloth to the food served. To the Chinese red is symbolic of good things and auspicousness and it is with this in mind that this colour dominates during occasions like weddings, birthdays, house warming, Chinese New Year and grand openings. I'd share more pictures of the actual wedding day tomorrow with you.
Check out the slide show for more pictures of the wedding eve.

No comments: