Do you know that the fruit and leaves of the plant has a number of health benefits?
Here they are:
- The juice is effective as eye drops (regarded as a magic curative).
- Decoction of leaves or the juice of the leaves, are often consumed as a cure for venereal disease.
- A leaf decoction is taken to relieve rectal inflammation.
- The fruit is given to children as a protection against coughs.
- A flower infusion is believed be effective against coughs and thrush.
- A leaf infusion is a remedy for coughs and is taken after childbirth as a tonic.
- The leaves are applied as poultice on itches, swellings of mumps and rheumatism, and on skin problems.
- The fruit and leaves are applied on bites of poisonous insect.
- Syrup made from Bilimbi fruit is taken as a cure for fever and inflammation and to stop rectal bleeding and alleviate internal hemorrhoids.