- the Malaysian flag across the country would be flown at half mast;
- all entertainment-related events on that day would be postponed;
- people are advised to wear dark and sombre-coloured clothing which are not too bright or gaudy.
- Muslims involved directly in the ceremony of receiving the remains of MH17 victims are encouraged to wear a songkok (without the white band) or black scarf (for women);
- on that day, all forms of entertainment programmes on radio and television would be postponed and replaced with recitation of the Quran as well as religious programmes.