Monday 1 April 2013

QING MING AT SAM POH TONG





Last weekend I went for Qing Ming prayers at Sam Poh Caves with my paternal aunt.  Auntie Tum is the youngest sister of my late father.  She made the trip from KL to pay respects to her eldest sister, my late Auntie Cheah Moy.  Besides paying respects to my late aunt, I also went there to pay homage to my maternal grandparents whose ashes are also interned there.  As a matter of fact, their niches are right next to my aunt's.
This would be the third week in a row that I have gone for Qing Ming.  It began with Qing Ming for my parents at Paradise Memorial in Tanjong Rambutan with my sister and her family, then it was Gopeng Hill for my paternal ancestors with my cousin brother and his family and last week it was Sam Poh Tong for my maternal grandparents and paternal aunt with my Auntie Tum. There is one more left next week and it is the Siamese Temple at Tambun Road where my late godmother's ashes are interned.

No comments: