Tuesday 26 February 2013

MORE FARM THAN GARDEN

Each time I go back home to Ipoh for the weekend, I am finding my neighbour's compound looking more and more like a farm than a garden.  Well they have to thank their Cambodian maid for that as she appears to love growing vegetables.  I heard that she grew up in a farm and I guess turning her employer's garden into a vegetable patch would remind her of home.  One thing for sure, the lady sure has green fingers.  All the vegetables she grows look very healthy.  Wow!  If I could only borrow her for a month to do the planting for the college herb garden.  Now that would be great, wouldn't it?
 As can be seen the the pictures published in this post, my neighbour's maid really has very green fingers.  She easily has planted a few types of vegetables in the garden.  Let's see, she has cabbages, lady's fingers, brinjals, gourds, bitter gourds, melons and a couple of other vegetables.
When all the space in the garden was used up, she started to grow lady's fingers and watermelons by the roadside.  Yeah!  Even thought of using sticks to build a bridge across the drain so that that space could be utilised too.




No comments: