Sunday 6 January 2013

SUPREME CENTURY EGG PORRIDGE

My Aunt Linda gave me three century eggs that her neighbour brought back from Singapore and I decided to use them to make Supreme Century Egg Porridge. This rice porridge contains 3 types of eggs that is normal chicken egg, century egg and salted egg. 
This is my supreme century egg porridge.  Sometimes it is also known as Sam Wong Tan Chook or Three Colour Egg Porridge.
I opened a can of pickled lettuce to eat with the porridge.  It gives that extra oomph to it.

5 comments:

Rich said...

How long do you cook your porrdge for? I am experimenting with porridge at the moment. Rice porridge seems to take a lot lot longer than oat porridge!!

ennie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ennie said...

cook porridge in slow cooker for 2 hours, come out perfect. the rule is 1 cup rice, 10 cups water. if add condiments, then add extra cup of water.

Miss Cheah said...

Rich, you can follow the cooking tips given by ennie

Rich said...

Thanks! Wow 10 cups of water to one of rice. I see where I was going wrong! Thanks again!