Monday 9 July 2012

VISIT TO GAHARU TEA VALLEY IN GOPENG

Yesterday I went for one of my mini visits.  This time around the destination my aunt and I headed to as the Gaharu Tea Valley in Gopeng.  You can see me at the entrance to the place.
The entrance reminds one of the fort at the Great Wall of China, doesn't it?
My Aunt Linda having her photo taken at the wall.
This is only part of the wall.  Once completed it will span 8 kilometres.
Me at the wall.
The Gaharu Retail Shop where one can get products like Gaharu Tea, Gaharu Oil, Gaharu Soup, Cookies, Gaharu Instant Noodle, Gaharu Nougat and Gaharu Wood Chips.
My Aunt posing next to a Gaharu sculpture.
Visitors lining up to board to the van to hug the 19 year old Gaharu tree.  Hugging the trunk of the Gaharu tree is believed to be auspicious.  The fare for the ride is RM10 per person.
The van driver also doubles as tourist guides and provided useful information for the visitors.
This is how the plantation looked to me while I was in the van.
Visitors looking at one of the first few Gaharu trees planted by the owner, a Mr Ho.
Me hugging the 19 year old Gaharu Tree.  This tree is said to absorb negative Qi and gives off oodles of positive ones.
View of the Gaharu Plantation.

After the tour, visitors were served Gaharu tea.
This man gave a talk about the benefits of Gaharu and also the products sold at the Retail Shop.  After that, visitors could go visit the shop to make their purchases.

1 comment:

edmarkong8 said...

Thank you to introduce to us a great place to visit and at the same time provide us opportunity to know the potential investment or business which we can think about it