Tuesday 3 July 2012

LIGHTING A CANDLE FOR SUE LYN


 On Saturday afternoon, I received a phone call from Lai Yoong telling me that her daughter, Sue Lyn suffered an injury while playing in a badminton tournament in Singapore.  She suffered a tear on her tendon and needed surgery for it.
Her surgery was scheduled for 10 a.m. on Tuesday morning and I had asked for permission to go to the temple to pray for a safe and successful surgery for Sue Lyn.
 I bought two lotus shaped candles to be lit at the temple and placed one in the small wooden temple in front.  Unfortunately, the big temple housing the sitting and sleeping Buddhas were under renovation and so I did not manage to have a lit candle there.  Nevertheless, I placed the candle in another part of the temple.  To me the lit candle symbolises a light guiding us through a difficult path.


No comments: