Sunday 26 February 2012

AVOID LETTING CHILDREN SLEEP ON MATTRESSES ON THE FLOOR


When I was first posted to my present school in 1995, I had problems with finding accommodation.  Luckily I found a low cost housing unit to stay in.  As the price of the house was cheap, the floor was made of cement.  In the first few months of living there, I only slept on a mattress and after some time I began having back pains.  My friend Haji Hasnin suspected that what ailed me had something to do with me having to sleep on the a mattress on the floor and not a proper bed.  Heeding his advice, I went and bought me a bed and sure enough my back problem vanished.
In Malaysia, many of the ethnic communities believe that sleeping on the floor is not good for ones health as they believe the moisture from the "damp" floor will seep into our bodies and cause rheumatism or arthritis sooner or later.  Some people may pooh pooh the idea but then from experience I know that it is true.  That is unless you are sleeping on a floor that is made from wood and elevated above the ground.
Most importantly, you should not let your children to sleep on mattresses on the floor.  No doubt, some may argue that by doing so would  prevent young children from falling down the bed but then by doing so there is a tendency for the child to fall sick frequently.   From the Feng Shui point of view, Qi is not able to flow underneath the bed. Ideally, chi should circulate around the mattress where our children sleep to allow them to be healthy.

Reference: http://www.fengshuitips.co.uk/home.htm

No comments: