Monday 19 September 2011

DELICIOUS KAYA BALLS





My niece Kelley loves eating Kaya Balls.  I remember her telling me that it is quite difficult to find these Kaya Balls in Singapore and that is why she'd indulge in them whenever she comes to Ipoh to visit her granny and Yee Yee (Chinese for Maternal Aunt).
Kaya Balls are bite sized snacks which are commonly sold in Malaysian shopping centres.  They are dome shaped buns fileld with kaya (coconut egg jam). 
The ones above were sold at one of the stalls inside a hypermarket.  I bought some for my mum and aunt as they felt hungry after our weekend shopping.  For RM2.00, one can get 8 Kaya Balls.
If you are living in a place where Kaya Balls are not sold, perhaps you'd like to try making them.  Click the links to get the recipe.  Link 1   Link 2

No comments: