Friday 18 March 2011

WHAT AM I DOING WITH TODAY'S NEWSPAPER?


You must be wondering why I have posted a picture of me holding today's Star Newspaper, right?  Could it be that I am trying to highlight the headline?  The answer is NO.  What I thought of doing was to show the date the picture was taken next to the wall adjoining my house and the neighbour's which is currently being renovated.  I heard that they were going to tear the wall adjoining their living room and their dining room which happens to be attached to my side of the wall. 
The contractors have given me their assurance that nothing will happen and not a crack will appear in my wall.  Well, I really hope so.  In my case, things just seem to happen.  Who would have thought that my faucet would have fallen off because of corrosion only after 6 months, right?  So, the possibility of cracks appearing on the wall is not so remote either.
Anyway, Daniel who came to snap the photo for me found out later from the contractor who came at about the same time that he did that they were not going to tear down the wall in the hall as it was part of the structure attached to mine.  Actually, I did I ask the same man yesterday.  He did tell me that they were going to tear down the wall but the wall he meant was not the one I was referring to.  He had meant the wall adjoing the first and the second room.  Whoooo .... what a relief!

No comments: