Monday 14 March 2011

MAKING MALAYSIA PROUD, DATO LEE CHONG WEI

My mum, Aunt Linda and Lai Yoong have been gushing about Malaysia's very own badminton supremo today.  The moment I woke from my sleep this morning, my mum made the announcement of him successfully defending his All England Badminton title.  The win was all the more sweeter as his opponent was none other than Lin Dan of China.  The whole of today, the two of them were still talking about Chong Wei's truimph and turned on the news to see if there was coverage of his arrival at the airport.
Later in the day, I again listened to Lai Yoong gushing about the win of her idol.  My friend is badminton crazy and would never miss watching such an event.  Me?   I slept early as I had a headache.  If not, I too would have watched the match to support our own homegrown world champion.
Believe me, if my house was any where new the airport where our badminton hero's plane was going to land, then my mum, aunt and Lai Yoong would be among the fans waiting to welcome him home.
Yeh!  Chong Wei, we are proud of you.  You Rock!!!

No comments: