Saturday 19 March 2011

GANDARUSSA TO WARD OFF SPIRITS


The Chinese Cheng Beng Period would start next weekend.  The duration for visiting graves would last for two weeks.  The Chinese believe that during this time, the souls of the departed ones would be given permission to roam the earth to visit their living relatives.
Recently, my mum has been having nightmares.  A few nights ago, she woke my aunt and me up with her screams.  She said that she had dreamt of my dead ancestors.  Since the Ghosts will be starting their vacation soon, I decided to buy the Gandarussa plant for my mum to plant in our house in Ipoh.  The Malays and Orang Aslis (aborigines) believe that this plant has the power to prevent spirits from entering into ones home. Hopefully, it works and I can have blissful sleep when I am back in Ipoh.

No comments: