Friday 3 December 2010

MAKING 3 LAYER TEA THE WAY I LIKE


 I got hooked on drinking 3 layer tea when I first tried it at the Chicken Rice Shop in Ipoh.  Thereafter, I would order the drink whenever I happen to frequent a shop that sells it. 
This morning, I had had the 3 layer tea at a Mamak Restaurant in Ayer Tawar.  You can see me with the drinks at the shop.  No, I did not order two.  Just one.  The other was Kamariah's. Unfortunately, the tea did not taste like the ones at the Chicken Rice shop or KFC.  It was too sweet and I think they used caramel instead of Palm sugar.
Anyway, I managed to find the recipe from the Internet and will learn to make it on my own.  For those of you interested to try, I have also included the recipe for you below.

RECIPE FOR 3 LAYER TEA

Ingredients

30ml Palm Syrup
70ml F & N Evaporated Filled Milk
10g Ceylon Tea Leaves
70ml Hot Water
Crushed ice/ice cubes

Instructions

1.Soak Ceylon tea leaves into a hot water cup/ container and leave it aside for 15 min.

2.Pour Palm Syrup into serving glass.

3.Fill in crushed ice up to the brim.

4.Pour in F&N Evaporated Filled Milk.

5.Gently pour in Ceylon tea prepared earlier. The tea should remain above the layer of F&N Evaporated Filled Milk. A 3 Layer of separation will appear.

6.Serve chilled.

Source: http://fncookingmama.com/fnn/recipe.php?recipe_id=40

No comments: