Sunday 11 April 2010

STARFRUIT LEAVES TO TREAT ITCHY SKIN

Every time my mum suffers from itchy skin or rashes, she will go look for the leaves of the starfruit (carambola) plant.  This herbal remedy was taught to her by her nanny who hailed from China.  All one needs to do is to boil the leaves for about an hour in salt water.  Then when the water is lukewarm use it to take a bath.  It would be even better if one leaves the starfruit water on the body for a while before rinsing with water. 
This morning I drove my mum to a house in our neighbourhood where such a tree could be found.  The house has been unoccupied for some time and it seems that a lot of ladies come and pluck the leaves for medicinal purposes as well.  My mum has been having sleepless nights because her skin felt itchy.  Well, I am sure that after her bath, she'd be okay.  Believe me the herbal remedy really works!

No comments: