Sunday 28 March 2010

THE CHEAHS PRAYING TO THEIR ANCESTORS

It's Ching Ming time again and that means time to pay a visit to our ancestors at their final resting place.  According to custom, we have to visit the oldest graves of the senior relatives first and so my cousin, Thim Fook and I went on our annual trek up Gopeng Hill to pay respect to the Cheahs who have gone to Heaven as how he phrased it.  This year, the two of us were joined by Ivan Cheah, Thim Fook's son. 
My cousin brother hired this Indian guy to help clear the grave.
Ivan posing for a picture for his dad while waiting for Aunty Li Na to finish praying to the ancestors.
Mr Cheah and Master Cheah
The ancestors sharing this common grave are the greatgrandfather, greatgrandma, grandma and two grand aunts.  My mum instructed me to place the food offerings on my grandad's grave and then invite the rest of the ancestors to partake of the feast there.
Ivan and me braving the heat of the sun to pray to our ancestors.  We informed the ancestors that their cicit or greatgrandson had come to pay his respects to them.
Thim Fook and Ivan saying their prayers to the ancestors.  Amen!  Yup, they are of the Christian faith.
Ivan saying his prayers to his great great grandparents, his great grandma and his great grand aunts.
1MALAYSIA FEAST FOR THE ANCESTORS" NASI LEMAK, CHICKEN RICE FROM KFC, CHAPPATI & FATT KOE.

No comments: