Thursday 12 November 2009

KAILAN MASAK IKAN MASIN

I had this for lunch today. Kailan masak ikan masin (Kailan fried with salted fish) is one of my favourite dishes. Everytime I get to eat this dish, I have better appetite. As far as I know this style of cooking is Malay as the Chinese like to cook Kailan with oyster sauce.
I have tried cooking it but somehow the dish doesn't turn out as delicious when I eat it at the stall. Anyway, I am posting the recipe here for anyone who is interested to cook it.

RECIPE FOR KAILAN IKAN MASIN

Ingredients
600 gm kailan
5 dried chillies
3 shallots
3 pips of garlic ( chopped)
A cut of salted ikan kurau (pounded)
3 tablespoons of oyster sauce
Salt
1 cube of anchovy stock
two tablespoons of oil

Method:
Wash the kailan and then cut into desired length.
Heat two tablespoons of oil and fry the onion and garlic until brown.
Add in the dried chilly and fry till crispy, then add the salted fish
Lastly add the kailan and leave it until cooked
Serve hot.

No comments: