Thursday 22 October 2009

EXTRA CLASSES



My Form 5 students will be sitting for their SPM examination in about a month's time and so they have to attend extra English language classes with me at night to help them prepare.

For your information, I was given the weakest Form 5 class and the chances anyone of my students doing well for the English Language paper is very low. However, I still make it a point to carry out such classes. Actually I did two classes with them today. The first class was from 3.30 until 5.15 p.m. where I made them watch a 1950s movie of "The Pearl" which they are studying for the novel component. Later at night, the boys called me to ask if I could go at night to teach them another lesson. I was tired but seeing that they were eager to learn, I agreed. I believe that somehow my weak students get to learn something during my lesson eventhough they might not excel. At least the two hours spent with me, they get to practise speaking a bit of English and at the same time learn some new vocabulary.

No comments: