Sunday 12 July 2009

WEEKEND ACTIVITY



I can concentrate on my work from Monday to Friday but once it is Saturday and Sunday my mind would think of being with my mum and aunt in Ipoh. They are both well into their seventies and so they cannot get about as well as they used to when they were in their sixties.
I usually tell my mum to wait for me to go back during the weekends to take her out for shopping or marketing as it would be rather dangerous for her to go alone. My sister would usually buy supper for her at night. She goes with a neighbour to the bank to get her pension and when she has to go to the clinic, she calls a taxi. The same applies to my Aunt Linda. she would usually get her neighbours to drive her to the bank and the clinic.
We must remember that when we were young and helpless, our parents and elders were the ones who took care of us and protected us. So when they are old, we should take care of them.

No comments: