Tuesday 7 July 2009

MAJALAWI FLOWER

The fruit and flower of the Majalawi


One of my favourite activities during the weekend is to go to the Farmer's Market near the Ipoh Stadium. There are so many things to see and buy there. Quite often, I also get to learn about some new herbs which was exactly what happened last Saturday.
The Bunga Kedekai or Majalawi Flower was being sold by a peddlar selling traditional Malay herbs. As I had not heard about this herb, I did not sample the drink offered by the man. However, I told him that I would find out more about the herb later.
Of course, I took photographs as usual. Anyway, I have found that the fruit and flower when boiled and made into a drink is said to help improve ones memory skills and also to revitalise us. Maybe I'll go and buy some from the peddlar next week if he is there.

No comments: