Tuesday 7 July 2009

LEARNING TO LOVE MYSELF MORE




According to the astrological predictions for my zodiac sign, I will be extremely busy towards the middle of the year as I might achieve some form of success. However, the prediction also warned that I might overstrain myself in the process and do irreparable harm to my health.
My school resource centre won the state level excellent award and now we will be contesting for the national level. And for the past two weeks I have been working very, very hard clocking in only 2 -3 hours of sleep a day. The pace has gone a gear faster as the officers from the technical department have come to give advice and also more pressure on me and my colleagues to add this and change that. At first I complied but then I started getting headaches and my mind started turning blank.
When my mum reminded me to be mindful of my health after she read the latest issue of World of Feng Shui, I sat back and took stock of the situation. Then I told myself that come what may, I must love myself more. I have to know my limits. So, I am taking it a bit easy and just work at a slower pace. No use killing myself for a competition. I have the responsibility of looking after my mum and Aunt Linda. So I have decided to be a bit more selfish and take care of myself.

No comments: