Monday 13 July 2009

ESPRIT DE CORP





What you see above is the teachers and staff of my school working together to get the resource centre ready for judging this coming Wednesday. Though I am in charge of the resource centre, I cannot make a success in the management and running of it without my colleagues.
In the second picture, my colleague, Tuan Haji Mustafa presented the modules to Puan Norma that he did when he was at university to the library. Puan Norma too has been working very hard with Puan Hafizah to come up with a very attractive display for the exhibition corner. They are still working on it. They even came back to school during the weekends to do some work.
In the third picture, my school peon is helping to put up a chart on the wall. Do you know that he is not doing this during his working hours. He usually comes and helps out after he calls it a day at 4.00 p.m. He would usually help until 6.00 p.m. In the next picture is Miss Ng who has also been going back only after 5.00 p.m. each day. She has been helping to catalogue the CDs and DVDs in the library. The one in the last picture is Ustazah Roslina. She too has been working until 6.00 or 7.00 in the evening each day. And she has to bring along her little children as the baby-sitter only looks after them until a certain time. However, she will diligently go about doing her tasks. Now my dear readers, don't you agree that this is a good example of the spirit of cooperation.
Not in the picture is Sharveen, the head librarian, who took the photos. He too has been staying back after school to help prepare for the judging. Also absent from the photographs above are Puan Baz, Puan Rosni and Puan Asiah who all have been working at the library over the weekend. Then there are Puan Khairah and Puan Kamariah who have also been helping to ease my burden by taking some of the workload from me. I am really in awe of the commitment and dedication that they have shown. I totally agree with my principal that it matters not if we win or lose the competition, she said that in her books we have already won with our team spirit.

No comments: