Wednesday 10 June 2009

HOW DOES ONE MEASURE SUCCESS?


I am sure that many people would say that success is measured by the amount of wealth one has or the position one holds or how much property or assets one possesses. If I were to measure success in such a way then I don't think I can be considered very successful.
However, that's not how I do it. To me I am very successful. And how do I measure success? It is by looking at how well my students (that I have taught) have turned out. They don't really need to become millionaires, ministers or enterpreneurs. All they need to be is to have careers of their own and also become upright individuals and good citizens. It would be a bonus if they have families of their own and become good parents. That is how I guage how well I have succeeded in life.
The young lady pictured above with me is Darliza. I taught her from 2000 to 2001. I met her while I was at Jusco in Ipoh on Monday. My girl is now a lecturer at Politeknik Ungku Omar in Ipoh. When I asked her when she'd be handing me an invitation to her wedding, she cheekily said that she would wait for me to hand her mine first. Hmmm....

No comments: